Manhattan Club NYC Scam

Sep 08, 2010
review #197527

If you happen to be pitched a fractional ownership in the Manhattan Club in NYC, throw it in the trash.I have been an "owner" for a decade, and in spite of promises from the sales group of availability of my unit anytime, even on short notice, it's obvious that the organizers have oversold the occupancy capacity.

We can't use our aprtment, regardeless of how early we try to book it. The place is always "sold out"

And resale value is next to zero so we are stuck paying ever increasing "maintenance" and tax bills.

I suspect the developers are purposely trying to wear out the investors so they can walk away with a free Manhattan building built with other people's scammed money.

This is a scam.DO NOT EVEN LOOK AT THE PLACE

6811c5e
Had an experience with Manhattan Club?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA
Ermidio

Oct 17, 2013

I am an owner of three units at the Manhattan Club and I agree that "no one" should buy a Timeshare at the Manhattan Club.
What you see in the models suits "is not what you get".
Try to book time, its almost impossible.
If you have questions, contact me directly at 905-453-0114, ext. 202
Ermidio Alves

James

Apr 20, 2013

The Manhattan Club has sold more timeshares than they have. Because of that, owners cannot get access to the units they own. To make matters worse, the suites are being rented on the open market, making availability to owners ever harder. This is a disgraceful operation. I just sold mine, using an attorney. It only took a month. If you try selling it on your own, it will take forever. I'd be happy to share my attorney's name with anyone interested. E-mail me at masterjock2000@yahoo.com

jstengle1

Feb 20, 2013

Is there a current law suit against TMC? I am a memeber that is considering giving back my deed. I want out of the timeshare. Is there a better solution?

e.j. rossi

May 12, 2012

ditto what others have said. i am a member and can never get a reservation even calling the nine months in advance. ridiculous. is this lawsuit thing real? i'm in if it is.

kim

Apr 18, 2012

I dont even know how any of this can be legal, this timeshare takes and takes with nothing to give and also discloses nothing during there high pressure sales pitches, like you have "1 week a year" not telling you that you can never stay a Friday or Saturday night though. How do you get a week in? This is the most assinine thing I have ever heard of! I cant believe that I ever went for this scam! Shame on me.....but shame on our government for allowing this to happen to innocent people!

manhattan Club Hater

Mar 02, 2012

GOOD NEWS
An owners lawsuit has been initiated!! Finally!!
Law firm is TonyTeng@bbpc-law.com

Email him and if you are an owner he will send you a survey

FINALLY, a shot at JUSTICE

Vivian Key

Mar 02, 2012

We have been owners of the Manhattan Club for a decade. Management fees have skyrocketed and availability is zero. Look at their offer on social living. The MC is offering accommodations for $197/nt. That is less than our one night stay when prorating our management fees. Also if they have rooms for that why don't they have rooms for the owners. This is definitely a SCAM.

andy0516

Dec 19, 2011

The owner is a CROOK, should be sent to Jail - RIKERS, not Club FED!! They have available Beds - unlike the Manhattan Club!!

chris

Dec 16, 2011

cfox863@gmail.com

manhattan club owner for almost 10 years. the club itself...3 cheers! the management...all the booooos that can be mustered.

keep me informed of any and all future developments regarding improvement of our pitiful mc management and "chief owner."

chris

Dec 16, 2011

to all manhattan club owners who are not happy with many management issues:
SALVATORE REALE salr@tmcny.com IS THE MC DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS. BARRAGE AND BOMBARD HIM WITH YOUR VARIOUS COMPLAINTS. BE CONSISTENT AND PERSISTENT WITH HIM. HE EVENTUALLY (SORT OF) RUNS SCARED IF PUSHED AGAINST THE WALL. HE ALSO PUTS UP A FANTASTIC BRAVADO, SO BE PREPARED. ALSO, JOIN IN THE LAWSUIT: OWNERS VS MC OWNER AND MANAGER. ADDITIONALLY, CONTACT THE NYS ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE, ESPECIALLY IF YOU EVEN THINK YOU'VE BEEN SCAMMED AT THE INITIAL SALE/PURCHASE AND THEREAFTER.

0 0 Reply
Just Pitched to us last week-

Nov 28, 2011

We were told it's 99% sold out and then expect values to rise quickly.
-- Booking 2-3 months in advance and there will be NO PROBLEMS;
-- Also many 1 -5 days in advance availabilities.

We almost "bit" but are glad we didn't. How sad that NYC government and State Offices allow a
a scam like this to continue.

Tom and Marie Jordan

Nov 22, 2011

I would like to know if there is a class-action suit heading up with an attorney who knows his way around in these time-share scams. My phone number is 631 666 3287. Thanks for a quick response!

Coleen Shannon

Nov 10, 2011

Please contact me regarding a class action suit against The Manhattan Club

cmmshannon@aol.com

Janet Hebert

Jul 20, 2011

I agree with the other posts in that the sales team makes empty and misleading or totally dishonest promises about booking availability and/or use options. The "typical" suites and rooms shown are not what you get after you actually buy, especially if you do not buy more later. I have been able to use my time but never at MY convenience, only by booking close to a year in advance, and never being able to change it even by one day forward or back even for personal emergencies such as a family death or severe medical emergency.

AnneMarie & Joe

Mar 08, 2011

Thank you Corspeak. Experiencing frustrations as well with TMC. Very interested to find out the results of your legwork.

George Kain

Jan 30, 2011

I'm in on the class action lawsuit and whatever to stop these *** artists and to save my credit rating. Please let me know.

kaing@comcast.net

Kathleen Herrmann

Jan 30, 2011

My husband and I are also in the same boat. The Manhattan Club is deteriorating rapidly and as bad as the condition of the place is, we would like to actually be able to use something that we paid $35,000 for and on which continue to pay hefty maintenance fees.However, it is virtually impossible to book any time there--even if you call 9 months in advance. This is a scam and I'd love to talk to a group of people to see what we can do about it.

Maria & Larry

Nov 18, 2010

We are also fractional owners and have only been able to get in once since we owned it. Every time we call to book we get nasty service and told they are all booked out. So we transfer our points to RCI only to lose them because we don't have enough points saved up for anything and they expire before we can save points up for anything. They are still selling the Manhattan club so something needs to be done ASAP. Lets all pull together and start something now. Anyone interested please email us.
lliquori@optonline.net

manhattan club hater

Nov 09, 2010

Corspeak
I think a class action might be timely sine the Attorney general of NY is going to be Governor, and the new AG might want to make a splash

I'm in

Showing 1-20 of 23 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Manhattan Club.
Filing a new complaint about
×